These Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Biscuits are so good, it won’t be just your golden retriever sneaking their paws into the cookie jar…
And that’s a good thing because I probably don’t need to tell you how much goldies LOVE food. In fact, there isn’t much they won’t eat and it doesn’t even have to be ‘edible’ (except Leo does hate spinach). All golden retriever parents know you have to be careful, because you’ve got the kind of furbaby who’ll munch on anything they think smells tasty enough, even if it’s wombat poo (I’m looking at you, Layla).
That’s why I love making my goldens and their guests these dog biscuits. They’re delicious, vet approved and make their breath smell a whole lot nicer than other nasties they may think are good to eat.
Golden Retriever Retreat’s Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Biscuits Recipe
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10-12 mins
Makes approx. 12 Dog Biscuits
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 bananas, medium
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (if too solid you can melt it)
- Optional: add a tablespoon of parsley and/or mint for fresh breath
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two large baking trays with baking paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Shape into cookies by hand or use a greased cookie cutter as a mould
- Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden like a golden retriever
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to a week
- Most importantly – enjoy!!!
Do you think your golden retriever would like these dog biscuits? If so they’ll love the healthy snacks we provide our guests at Golden Retriever Retreat. Make sure you book their stay now (they may even have a better time on holidays than you!).